- The history of creation of the Memorial Complex «Brest Hero-Fortress»
- The Main Entrance
- The sculptural composition «Thirst»
- The White Palace
- Ceremonial Square. Memorial Plates
- The Main Monument
- The Bayonet-Obelisk
- The Eternal Flame
- The Engineering Administration
- The moat around the fortress
- St. Nicholas Garrison Church
- The sculptural composition «To the Heroes of the Border, Women and Children, who Stepped into Immortality with Courage»
- Major repair and restoration works
The Main Monument is the sculptural image of a Soviet combatant in front of a banner. This is a large-scale sculpture, consisting of 200 parts (54 m wide and over 30 m high). It is a cast concrete shell, hollow inside, resting on a steel framework, consisting of bars, placed 6 by 6 m. The thin shell of the monument was cast, using special plaster workforms.
In a workshop of the Brest Plant for Reinforced Concrete Structures, the model of the monument was copied in square segments according to a grid 40 by 40 cm. To manufacture the plaster workforms of the required size 280 by 280 cm, the segments were enlarged 7 times.
Wooden shutterings were built to form the inner surface of the shell. Steel reinforcement was attached to the frame at 20-30 cm intervals. The concrete was cast into the space between the plaster workforms and the wooden shutterings. This method guaranteed the quality of the monolithic casing, its uniform thickness and weight.
High reliefs situated on the backside of the monument depict the most significant episodes and events of the heroic defence.
The major repairs, conservation and painting of the outer surface of the monument were performed in 2004-2005.